The F1 visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student.
After getting selected by a US university/college, you will receive the admission confirmation. The candidates should pay their deposits only after obtaining their F1 student visa.
Following documents will be required to apply for an F1 visa.
1) I-20 form: This is the first step in the student visa application process. The university/college sends this form to the prospective student after his/her candidature is accepted by the institute.
2) SEVIS fee receipt: SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) is the internet-based database system which tracks and stores information on the visa status and activities of international students holding F1 and J1 visas in the US.
3) Visa application fee receipt: You need to pay visa application fee $160 (Approx INR 11,480.64) before applying for the visa.
4) Schedule/Attend F1 visa interview: An F1 student visa for the US can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your course of study’s start date. Therefore, you should apply for an F1 visa at the earliest possible as scheduling an interview may take time depending on the city, season and visa category.
5) Birth certificate: A birth certificate issued by the government authorised body.
6) Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport to apply for the visa.
7) Complete visa application: A completed visa application is a must.